Cheddar Business Update
Cheddar Business UpdateMore>>
- AT&T and Time Warner are getting a step closer to sealing their deal.
- The markets will try to finish the week on a high note after their worst day in months.
- Walmart's plan to fight back against Amazon appears to be working. The retailer says some store sales rose in the last quarter. They say online sales jumped by about 60 percent compared to the previous quarter. The company recently announced it would test an employee delivery program, where workers would drop off packages to customers on their way home.
- The country's top CEOs are speaking out against President Trump and his reaction to the violence in Charlottesville.
- Fiat Chrysler is joining the self-driving car race and partnering with BMW, Intel and Mobileye.
Three of the country's biggest CEOs have now quit President Trump's manufacturing council over his initial failure to condemn white supremacy and Neo-Nazi groups.
- Carpool Karaoke could be just the beginning for Apple.
Cheddar Afternoon Business Update, 8/15: Dick's Sporting Goods to offer more promotions amid sales drop
Cheddar Afternoon Business Update, 8/15: Dick's Sporting Goods to offer more promotions amid sales dropThe CEO of Dick's Sporting Goods says the company will be offering more promotions after sales were less than the projected 2 to 3 percent.
- Netflix is signing a deal with television producer Shonda Rhimes and her production company, Shondaland, which is behind hit ABC shows like "Scandal" and "Grey's Anatomy."
- Hackers looking to get money from HBO continue to leak stolen shows and proprietary info.