Hometown Hero: Devyn Taylor
Hometown Hero: Devyn TaylorMore>>
Hometown Hero photo gallery
Photos of Connecticut's "Hometown Heroes"
- Romano has organized the St. Leo Church's Thanksgiving meal at the New Covenant House for 19 years.
- The co-owner of Right at Home of Darien says it's her personal mission to improve the quality of life of senior citizens.
- The couple founded Dana's Angels Research Trust in 2001 after their daughter was diagnosed with rare Niemann-Pick disease, type C, also known as childhood Alzheimer's. Three years later, their son was diagnosed, too.
- Dr. Anthony Hassan oversees the Stamford-based Cohen Veterans Network, a nationwide group of mental health clinics for veterans and their families.
- Larry Hunter is a Vietnam War veteran who volunteers five days a week at the Veterans Support Center's Food Pantry in Bridgeport.
Nancy Leville, 20, of New Canaan, says she is helping low-income families gain access to healthy food. Leville says she decided to take action after realizing 83 percent of young people across the country don't get proper nutrition.
- The owner of the Little Pub restaurants will compete with 20 others Sunday in the 11th annual CancerCare Walk-Run for Hope at Jennings Beach.
- Ada Meyer is a volunteer for the semi-annual Wilton Minks to Sinks rummage sale, an event that sends proceeds to the Family and Children's Agency. Meyer has been part of the event for five years and says it’s all worth it to help families in need.