2 families left homeless by Stamford fire

Two families are homeless after a fire tore through their apartment complex last night.The cause of the fire, which broke out around 10:30 last night

STAMFORD - Two families are homeless after a fire tore through their apartment complex last night.

The cause of the fire, which broke out around 10:30 last night on Custer Street in Stamford, is still under investigation by fire officials. One of the apartments was badly damaged by the flames. The second apartment has severe smoke damage.

No one was hurt in the blaze, according to officials.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Connecticut Sportscast, Jan. 17
Lawrence Dilione and James Rackover are facing multiple 2 Suspects in Stamford man's murder waive court appearances
This comes after tensions between communities and police 3 Norwalk police to host traffic stop program for students
4 Scholar Athlete: Gino Esposito
Documents filed in the Manhattan Supreme Court Tuesday 5 Documents: Stamford man killed in NYC in argument over cigarettes

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE