BRIDGEPORT - Officials say a fire destroyed a home in Bridgeport and sent two firefighters to a hospital Sunday.
The flames sparked at around 4:30 a.m. at a home on Wilmot Place and Carroll Avenue.
Officials say the fire also spread to a nearby home.
Both homes were vacant at the time the fire broke out.
Patrish Vga says her family was set to move into the house in two days. She says she has to be out of her current apartment by the middle of the month.
A GoFundMe site has been set up for the family to help cover expenses.
Officials say that the injured firefighters had minor injuries and are expected to be OK.