BRIDGEPORT - Several adults and children were forced from their beds Wednesday morning after a fire tore through their housing complex.
Residents living at a duplex on Seeley and Hanover streets awoke to the sight of flames. One woman says her family is lucky to be alive. Bridgeport police and firefighters worked to save a child and firefighter trapped inside the building. Both are said to be doing fine, and no one else was injured.
Fire officials say an arson team is investigating what sparked the fire. They are looking into a report that someone may have thrown something in front of the building.