Bad wiring sparks Bridgeport fire

BRIDGEPORT - ? Investigators are blaming bad wiring for a fire that destroyed an old building in Bridgeport Wednesday night.

The fire broke out at around 11:30 p.m. on the first floor of 160 Main St. According to firefighters, wires connected to a drink machine inside of Pop?s Deli started the fire. The first floor initially caught fire, then the cooler fell through the floor and into the basement.

Firefighters tell News 12 Connecticut that no one was hurt in the incident. All of the people who lived above the deli were able to get out in plenty of time.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

State police trying to identify both pedestrian, driver 1 Police: Person fatally struck by car on I-95 in Greenwich
Katie Rosa is a self-proclaimed 2 Hometown Hero: Katie Rosa
Police say the suspect went into a Chase 3 Police seek man suspected of robbing Greenwich businesses
State police trying to identify both pedestrian, driver 4 Police trying to identify pedestrian, driver in deadly I-95 accident
Workers from New York headed to Stamford Tuesday 5 Striking Charter Communications workers protest in Stamford

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE