Bar cars not going away

The State Department of Transportation and Metro-North are disputing a report in the New York Times earlier this week that said bar cars may be

HARTFORD - The State Department of Transportation and Metro-North are disputing a report in the New York Times earlier this week that said bar cars may be going away.

The report had claimed the existing bar cars would not work with the newly ordered rail cars that will be phased in later this year and that no new ones had been ordered.

However, the DOT and Metro-North say they recently renovated the eight existing cars and expect them to be in service for another 10-15 years.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A former corrections officer faces 45 years in 1 Former corrections officer found guilty in deadly 2014 car wreck
2 Connecticut Sportscast, Dec. 9
Local police departments are warning residents to be 3 Fairfield police warn to be wary of thieves stealing packages
Organizers say they'll wrap about 6,000 total presents. 4 Volunteers wrap thousands of gifts for children in need
See extended video of state police making an 5 VIDEO: High speed chase ends in crash

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE