Christmas Day fire sends Stamford home up in flames

STAMFORD - A fire tore through and destroyed a Stamford family's home during a Christmas Day dinner with friends yesterday. Investigators say the fire started in the chimney chase of a Wallenberg Drive home as 30 people were inside. Fire officials say everyone was able to make it out safely, but the fire then hit an open pocket between the ceiling and the roof and picked up momentum. Two firefighters were taken to the hospital with minor injuries and are expected to be OK.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Max Antoine, 33, was shot and killed early 1 Family urges Stamford man's killer to surrender to police
News 12 Long Island's Doug Geed takes a 2 Tasty Tuesday: Fresh spring ingredients
Steven Matz, of East Setauket, brought his family 3 LI native Steven Matz takes mound in Game 4
4 VIDEO: News conference from Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office
5 VIDEO: Students get crash course on disaster preparedness

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE