CT shoreline communities get $51M for Irene repairs

The state's Department of Transportation (DOT) has received $51 million to repair roads and infrastructure damaged by Tropical Storm Irene and the rare October nor'easter.Officials

BRIDGEPORT - The state's Department of Transportation (DOT) has received $51 million to repair roads and infrastructure damaged by Tropical Storm Irene and the rare October nor'easter.Officials say the federal money is expected to be used only for non-local roads. It's still not clear how much of the money will go to each of the affected communities.In Milford, Mayor Ben Blake says the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is covering about 75 percent of repairs, but says that still leaves 25 percent unaccounted for. He says extra help is needed to plug that gap. DOT officials say the plan for the funds is still in the early stages. Committee investigates storm recovery effortsReport: CL&P vastly unprepared for Irene, nor'easterGovernor's storm review panel to meet today in HartfordMore than 500,000 still without power in CT

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Court records say police traced more than 1,300 1 Greenwich man accused of collecting child porn resigns from RTM
Police say Greenwich Representative Town Meeting member Christopher 2 Police: Greenwich town official charged with sexual assault
Soto's family describes the 31-year-old as funny, helpful, 3 Family mourns death of Stamford man killed in crash
Elianna Cruz died Wednesday after she was shot 4 Family of slain Stamford woman seeks answers after shooting
Fabiola Lara created the privilege cards in light 5 The Buzz: Privilege cards

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE