DARIEN - Emergency crews evacuated several people from their homes in Darien Wednesday after a gas leak.
The leak was reported near the intersection of Intervale and Abbey roads around noon.
Police say a construction crew accidentally punctured a sewer line that caused a gas leak.
Officers say a quarter-mile radius was evacuated until the gas was shut off.
No one was hurt.
As of Wednesday night, gas service was cut off to 50 homes in the area, according to Eversource Energy. An Eversource spokesperson stated that he did not want to speculate on how long it would take for service to be restored.