GREENWICH - Greenwich firefighters say a fire at a multimillion-dollar mansion earlier this week was started by fireplace embers.

It happened on Khakum Wood Road Monday afternoon.

No one was hurt, however the blaze damaged the second floor above the garage.

The cause of the fire is similar to the tragic fire Christmas morning that killed three children and their grandparents in Stamford.

For extended Chopper 12 footage of the fire, go to channel 612 on your iO digital cable box and select iO Extra.

CHOPPER 12: Greenwich mansion fire

Officials urge caution when dealing with fireplace embersFire destroys Greenwich garage