NORWALK - The Norwalk Fire Department is collecting donations for a family that lost everything in a fire on Tuesday night.

Officials say the fire started when a gas leak caused the house to explode. The home on Ohio Avenue was destroyed along with the cars.

Authorities say that the husband was taken to the hospital with burns to his hands and face, while his wife and 18-month-old baby are fine.

Neighbors are also joining the effort by accepting clothes and gift card donations for the family.