Elderly couple escapes house fire

Firefighters say the flames started in a home on the corner of Albert Avenue and Porter Street last night.

Firefighters say the flames started in a home on the corner of Albert Avenue and Porter Street last night. (10/29/15)

STRATFORD - Stratford firefighters say an elderly couple escaped a fire in their home thanks to neighbors.

Firefighters say the flames started on the corner of Albert Avenue and Porter Street last night.

The grandson of the elderly couple says they have to find somewhere else to stay for now.

He also says firefighters believe the fire was started by an electrical malfunction.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Connecticut Traffic Advisory for 4/28 1 Connecticut Traffic Advisory for 4/28
News 12 asked viewers what they thought of 2 Connecticut Talks Trump: First 100 Days
Team of the Week: Sacred Heart women's golf 3 Team of the Week: Sacred Heart women's golf
Bridgeport police investigating death of 10-month-old boy as 4 Bridgeport police investigating death of baby boy as homicide
Doctors say the recent spring weather has caused 5 Warm weather causes trouble for asthma patients

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE