NORWALK - There were some frightening moments at Brien McMahon High School in Norwalk this morning as officials say two students got stuck in an elevator when the building was evacuated due to an electrical fire.

The trapped students, who were rescued within minutes, were able to text their friends to notify them that they were stuck in the elevator.

Fire officials say the school had an initial power outage this morning due to a squirrel that tripped a circuit breaker.

However, two motors burned out on the roof of the school and one motor burned out in a classroom when the school?s backup generators kicked in during the initial outage, causing smoke and a subsequent electrical fire.