FAIRFIELD - Emergency crews rushed four people to the hospital Wednesday after dangerously high carbon monoxide levels were found in their home.

The Fairfield Fire Department says it received a call at around 6:40 a.m. saying residents of the home on Mountain Laurel Road were feeling sick, possibly with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire department responded and evacuated two adults and two children, ages 2 and 4, from the home. Emergency crews rushed the victims to Bridgeport Hospital.

?We found over 300 parts per million, which is a high reading of carbon monoxide within a home,? says Assistant Chief Chris Tracy, of the Fairfield Fire Department.

As the holidays approach, Tracy says a carbon monoxide detector for the home could be the gift that saves lives.

Bridgeport Hospital says the two adults and two children are expected to be released Wednesday evening.