Fairfield family fine after carbon monoxide scare

Emergency crews rushed four people to the hospital Wednesday after dangerously high carbon monoxide levels were found in their home.The Fairfield Fire Department says it

FAIRFIELD - Emergency crews rushed four people to the hospital Wednesday after dangerously high carbon monoxide levels were found in their home.

The Fairfield Fire Department says it received a call at around 6:40 a.m. saying residents of the home on Mountain Laurel Road were feeling sick, possibly with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire department responded and evacuated two adults and two children, ages 2 and 4, from the home. Emergency crews rushed the victims to Bridgeport Hospital.

?We found over 300 parts per million, which is a high reading of carbon monoxide within a home,? says Assistant Chief Chris Tracy, of the Fairfield Fire Department.

As the holidays approach, Tracy says a carbon monoxide detector for the home could be the gift that saves lives.

Bridgeport Hospital says the two adults and two children are expected to be released Wednesday evening.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Karen Ivers took part in her last graduation 1 Bridgeport nursing director retiring after 35 years
Soto's family describes the 31-year-old as funny, helpful, 2 Family mourns death of Stamford man killed in crash
Bridgeport police say a woman is in critical 3 Police: Woman shot in the head in Bridgeport
4 Connecticut Sportscast, Jan. 20
Stamford police say one man is recovering after 5 Police: Man critical after Stamford store shooting

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE