FAIRFIELD - Emergency crews rushed four people to the hospital Wednesday after dangerously high carbon monoxide levels were found in a home.

The Fairfield Fire Department says it received a call at around 6:40 a.m. saying residents of the home on Mountain Laurel Road were feeling sick, possibly with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire department responded and evacuated two adults and two children, ages 2 and 4, from the home. Emergency crews rushed the victims to Bridgeport Hospital.

Fire officials say the carbon monoxide levels in the home were dangerously high, but still don't know why.