Fairfield family hospitalized after CO poisoning

FAIRFIELD - Emergency crews rushed four people to the hospital Wednesday after dangerously high carbon monoxide levels were found in a home.

The Fairfield Fire Department says it received a call at around 6:40 a.m. saying residents of the home on Mountain Laurel Road were feeling sick, possibly with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The fire department responded and evacuated two adults and two children, ages 2 and 4, from the home. Emergency crews rushed the victims to Bridgeport Hospital.

Fire officials say the carbon monoxide levels in the home were dangerously high, but still don't know why.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

State police trying to identify both pedestrian, driver 1 Police: Person fatally struck by car on I-95 in Greenwich
Katie Rosa is a self-proclaimed 2 Hometown Hero: Katie Rosa
Police say the suspect went into a Chase 3 Police seek man suspected of robbing Greenwich businesses
State police trying to identify both pedestrian, driver 4 Police trying to identify pedestrian, driver in deadly I-95 accident
Workers from New York headed to Stamford Tuesday 5 Striking Charter Communications workers protest in Stamford

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE