Fairfield fire blamed on cigarette

Fairfield fire officials say a cigarette is to blame for a fire Sunday. They say a neighbor saw flames coming from the house near Colony

Officials say a cigarette butt that was left in a garbage can outside the home.

Officials say a cigarette butt that was left in a garbage can outside the home. (1/7/13)

FAIRFIELD - Fairfield fire officials say a cigarette is to blame for a fire Sunday.

They say a neighbor saw flames coming from the house near Colony Street and Fairview Avenue around 7 a.m..

Officials say the neighbor alerted the people inside and made sure they got out safely.

Firefighters believe the blaze was started by a cigarette butt that was left in a garbage can outside the home.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say emergency crews responded to Little Bears 1 VIDEO: Stamford day care
Police say emergency crews responded to Little Bears 2 Trial begins for day care owner charged with murder
The public got the chance to weigh in 3 Marijuana legalization decision expected by Wednesday.
Kristina's Korner tracks the 4 Trending: "No First Pitch for Trump"
5 SBU lax player on pace to break NCAA scoring record

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE