Family safe after Stratford CO leak

Stratford firefighters say a family is safe after a carbon monoxide scare.The family says their two CO detectors went off after noon today at the

STRATFORD - Stratford firefighters say a family is safe after a carbon monoxide scare.

The family says their two CO detectors went off after noon today at the home on Parkway Drive.

They say firefighters came right away and checked each person.

Firefighters say the family had their rugs cleaned and was using fans to get rid of the smell. The fans brought furnace fumes into the house, setting off the detectors.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Barre originates from ballet, and similarly aims to 1 Ready, Set, Fit: Barre
Police say they've made an arrest in a 2 Bridgeport police make arrest in fatal shooting
Authorities are working to return a homicide suspect 3 Authorities work to return homicide suspect to CT
Barre originates from ballet, and similarly aims to 4 Ready, Set, Fit: Barre
Pederson is part of the student council and 5 Scholar Athlete: Lars Pederson

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE