Fatal fire cause released

Fairfield's fire marshal says a fatal fire at a home for the elderly was caused by the victim smoking in bed.The fire occurred Thursday night

FAIRFIELD - Fairfield's fire marshal says a fatal fire at a home for the elderly was caused by the victim smoking in bed.

The fire occurred Thursday night at the Parish Court Elderly home on Warde Terrace.

Officials say the victim, Bob Jordan, died after they pulled him from his burning kitchen.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Weather Kids: Mathewson Elementary School 1 Weather Kids: Mathewson Elementary School
Click PLAY for the latest weather forecast. 2 Connecticut Evening Weather, 1-22
Click PLAY for the latest weather forecast. 3 Connecticut Weather Forecast
4 Scholar Athlete: Nick Vanbelle
A disabled Bridgeport man is thanking News 12 5 Disabled Bridgeport man becomes 1st-time homeowner

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE