WESTPORT - Fire crews rushed to a gas leak near a Westport diner during a frantic Saturday morning.

The incident took place on Post Road East near Sherwood Diner. Fire officials say that at about 7 a.m. natural gas could be seen spilling out of a manhole. It forced them to close Post Road East for several hours as crews worked to fix the problem.

One group says the shutdown was especially hard on them.

?It's been pretty devastating,? says David Marks, a local business owner. ?One of the first things I did this morning was to call my insurance agent to find out if I'm covered for business interruptions as a result of something like this.?

Marks says he won't find out about his insurance coverage until Monday. Officials say all lanes on Post Road East are open except for one going eastbound.