Fire damages home in Fairfield

A chimney fire damaged a home in Fairfield last night.It happened on Stratfield Road around 7:00 p.m.Firefighters say it was tough to put out because

FAIRFIELD - A chimney fire damaged a home in Fairfield last night.

It happened on Stratfield Road around 7:00 p.m.

Firefighters say it was tough to put out because the chimney was three stories with four flues.

The fire was contained to the chimney and a build-up of grease is being blamed.

The homeowners say the chimney had recently been cleaned and inspected.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Authorities are working to return a homicide suspect 1 Authorities work to return homicide suspect to CT
Police say they've made an arrest in a 2 Bridgeport police make arrest in fatal shooting
News 12's Danielle Campbell and Storyville American Table 3 LI Winter: Mardi Gras - seafood
2 people were killed and 1 man is 4 2 killed, 1 in stable condition after Gabreski Airport plane crash
Barre originates from ballet, and similarly aims to 5 Ready, Set, Fit: Barre

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE