NORWALK - A home in Norwalk has been severely damaged after a fire engulfed the house Saturday afternoon.

Norwalk fire officials say it took three crews to put out the fire on Catalpa Street.

According to firefighters, the blaze caused substantial damage to the roof and walls and was hot enough to cause the house?s gas meter to explode.

The Norwalk Fire Department also says the fire may have been started by a pile of sawdust sitting outside the house.

No one was home at the time of the fire and it did not spread to any other homes.