MILFORD - Milford's fire marshal was on the scene of a smoky fire that was discovered at a business along Route One.
Firefighters said they were called to Drill Masters Eldorado Tool around 8 a.m. when the first employees reported to work and smelled smoke in the building.
Officials said they found a small fire smoldering across the roof.
Firefighters said a roofing crew was working on the building yesterday and may have accidentally sparked the blaze. It's possible that the fire was burning throughout the night.
The Boston Post Road was reportedly shut down briefly while crews put out the fire.
The building will have to be inspected before it can reopen.