Firefighters blame Norwalk blaze on chimney

A fire that forced a Norwalk from their home Saturday was caused by a poorly constructed chimney, officials said.Firefighters said they were called to the

NORWALK - A fire that forced a Norwalk from their home Saturday was caused by a poorly constructed chimney, officials said.

Firefighters said they were called to the chimney fire on Bobwhite Drive around 3 p.m. When they arrived on the scene, they noticed some dried out shingles had started to spark.

Fire officials said the crew had to tear down a wall to reach the flames. The fire caused heavy damage to the attic and roof, but authorities said the family should be able to move back in soon.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Police say a viral video of a tip 1 Police: Viral video spurred thief to return tip jar
Catherine Macari was sworn in as the Norwalk 2 Norwalk FD gets 1st female firefighter
This week's Real Possibilities report takes a look 3 Real Possibilities: Senior tax preparation
VIDEO: East Haven plane crash 4 VIDEO: East Haven plane crash
The town hall was his second meeting after 5 Rep. Himes leads packed town hall in Bridgeport

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE