BRIDGEPORT - Firefighters in Bridgeport were able to contain a blaze that started just after midnight Friday, saving the family?s dog in the process.

Fire officials say that an accidental gas spill was to blame for the fire at 223 Remington St. Two adults and four children escaped unharmed, but one of their three dogs needed immediate medical assistance.

?We have some oxygen masks designed for animals that we carry on our apparatus for cases like this,? says Assistant Chief Dominick Carf. ?We were successfully able to revive the dog this time.?

The residents are expected to return to their home Sunday.