Gas leak disrupts Milford school

Students at a Milford elementary school got an unexpected break from classes yesterday due to a minor gas leak.Fire officials say Live Oaks Elementary was

MILFORD - Students at a Milford elementary school got an unexpected break from classes yesterday due to a minor gas leak.

Fire officials say Live Oaks Elementary was evacuated for about 20 minutes after a release valve vented natural gas outside of the building.

Officials say the students were not in danger and the gas company quickly fixed the problem.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Crews worked Thursday to recover the wreckage of 1 Crews recover East Haven plane wreckage; victims identified
We asked Bronx residents if they believe in 2 Word on the Street: Extraterrestrial life
3 Connecticut Sportscast, Feb. 23
Police say a red pickup truck was speeding 4 Police: 2 killed, 1 injured in Stamford crash
Weston Animal Control officers say a small family 5 Coyote attacks small dog in Weston

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE