Girl hurt by fallen electrical wire at parade

BRIDGEPORT - Officials say a young girl was injured when a live electrical wire fell into the crowd at Bridgeport's Puerto Rican Parade Sunday.

Firefighters say confetti from the parade got caught on the wires and sparked an explosion, which caused the wire to fall to the ground near the intersection of Park Avenue and North Street. A woman standing next to 8-year-old Isabelle Ingelsia says the wire was headed toward them, so she pushed Isabelle out of the way.

The wire grazed the girl's leg, but did not injure her badly, officials say.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12 asked viewers what they thought of 1 Connecticut Talks Trump: First 100 Days
Suchada Palmer, a personal chef and culinary instructor, 2 Chef's Quick Tip: Papaya Salad
News 12 asked residents what they thought about 3 Westchester Talks Trump: First 100 days
Doctors say the recent spring weather has caused 4 Warm weather causes trouble for asthma patients
Connecticut Traffic Advisory for 4/28 5 Connecticut Traffic Advisory for 4/28

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE