BRIDGEPORT - A passing driver is being credited with helping a homeowner escape a fire in Bridgeport this morning.

Fire officials say the fire started inside a wood burning stove at 115 Plattsville Rd.

Rebecca O'Connell says she noticed the fire as she was driving to work and ran to the front door to tell the homeowner to get out.

No one was hurt, but firefighters say the home was damaged by smoke and water.

For footage and interviews on the Bridgeport house fire go to Channel 612 on your iO Digital Cable Box and select iO Extra.