Good Samaritan saves Bridgeport homeowner from house fire

A passing driver is being credited with helping a homeowner escape a fire in Bridgeport this morning.Fire officials say the fire started inside a wood

BRIDGEPORT - A passing driver is being credited with helping a homeowner escape a fire in Bridgeport this morning.

Fire officials say the fire started inside a wood burning stove at 115 Plattsville Rd.

Rebecca O'Connell says she noticed the fire as she was driving to work and ran to the front door to tell the homeowner to get out.

No one was hurt, but firefighters say the home was damaged by smoke and water.

For footage and interviews on the Bridgeport house fire go to Channel 612 on your iO Digital Cable Box and select iO Extra.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Healthy Heart: Importance of learning CPR
2 Healthy Heart: Heart attack symptoms in women
3 Scholar Athlete: Ben Kraninger
4 VIDEO: Former KY governor gives Democratic response to President Trump's address
President Donald Trump gave his first address to 5 VIDEO: President Trump addresses joint session of Congress, Part 1

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE