BRIDGEPORT - Gov. Dannel Malloy has announced that the state has found money to reinstate the ABCD Head Start program previously closed by the shutdown of the federal government.
Malloy says more than 1,200 students will be able to return to school next Tuesday, Oct. 15, and that staff will return as well. He says lawmakers were able to use unused money in the budget that will serve as a temporary solution.
Regardless, the facility's program director says the money should support services for around one month.
READ MORE: Connecticut Political Stories
In the meantime, the state will pursue reimbursement from the federal government.