NORWALK - A Norwalk woman says her family is lucky to be alive after a gas explosion destroyed her home just three days before Christmas.

Andrea Wulffleff, whose home exploded after a utility line break filled their home with gas when her husband James tried to light the stove, said the blast was like something out of a movie.

James Wullfeff is recovering after suffering second- and third-degree burns to his face. Andrea and their toddler son Henry, who had been in bed at the time of the explosion, escaped without injury.

The family is being helped by the newly established Norwalk Fire Victims' Fund. To donate to the fund, call 203-854-0238.