NORWALK - Norwalk fire officials say donations have come pouring in for a local family whose house exploded Tuesday because of a gas main break.

Firefighters designated a room for neighbors to drop off clothing, toys and gifts for Andrea and Jim Wuffleuff and their 18-month-old son, who lost everything in the explosion.

Fire officials say the explosion happened when James Wuffleuff lit his stove to compare the smell of natural gas to what he thought was the smell of sulfur pervading the house.

The blast blew the roof off the Wuffleuffs' Ohio Avenue home. Jim Wuffleuff sustained burns to his hands and face, but the family managed to escape.