Man in hospital after accidentally setting himself on fire

A man in Stamford is in the hospital after accidentally setting himself on fire while trying to clear weeds in his yard. Firefighters say it

Firefighters say it happened last night on Adams Street.

Firefighters say it happened last night on Adams Street. (8/26/16)

STAMFORD - A man in Stamford is in the hospital after accidentally setting himself on fire while trying to clear weeds in his yard.

Firefighters say it happened last night on Adams Street.

They say the man was using gasoline when the fuel unexpectedly caught fire.

Officials say the man jumped into a nearby swimming pool to put out the flames.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Organizers say they are still accepting memorabilia and 1 'Remembering World War I Project' works to preserve history
News 12, as local as local news gets. 2 Police: 2 pipe bombs found in vehicle in Newton
Neighborhood Brief for March 26 3 Neighborhood Brief for March 26
Neighborhood Brief for March 26 4 Neighborhood Brief for March 26
VIDEO: Crews battle fire at Port Morris recycling 5 VIDEO: Crews battle fire at Port Morris recycling facility

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE