Michael Boroski dies from injuries suffered in a fire in Shelton

Michael Boroski, 52, died Thursday after being critically burned in a house fire in Shelton. (1/23/14)

SHELTON - One man died Thursday after being critically burned in a house fire in Shelton.

Michael Boroski, 52, was rushed to Bridgeport Hospital after emergency crews found him on the first floor of the house.

Firefighters say the multi-family home caught fire on Howe Avenue Wednesday.

Read More: Connecticut Top Stories

Firefighter Chris Jones is being credited with saving the lives of four other people after going inside the house to get them out.

Jones was off-duty at the time and noticed the fire as he was exiting the Boys and Girls Club, which is located behind the house.
 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12