Milford businesses reopen after gas leak evacuation

Several businesses in Milford had to be evacuated Monday morning due to gas leak. Firefighters say it happened at 155 Hill St. when a forklift

Firefighters say the leak happened when a fork lift accidentally struck a gas line.

Firefighters say the leak happened when a fork lift accidentally struck a gas line. (10/5/15)

MILFORD - Several businesses in Milford had to be evacuated Monday morning due to a gas leak.

Firefighters say it happened at 155 Hill St. when a forklift accidentally struck a gas line.

It took crews 15 minutes to locate and shut off the source.

Firefighters say no dangerous levels of gas were found, and everyone went back to work shortly after.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Mount Vernon woman sentenced in daughter's killing 1 VIDEO: Mount Vernon woman sentenced in daughter's killing
2 Word on the Street: Reserved mall parking
3 SBU lax player on pace to break NCAA scoring record
4 VIDEO: Cyclists ride to raise money for affordable housing
News 12 the Bronx hit the streets to 5 Word on the Street: Paying for reserved parking

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE