Milford gas leak forces residents from homes

Residents on Red Bush Lane in Milford were forced out of their homes Monday morning due to natural gas leak.Firefighters say the leak occurred after

MILFORD - Residents on Red Bush Lane in Milford were forced out of their homes Monday morning due to natural gas leak.

Firefighters say the leak occurred after a contractor broke a 4-inch gas pipe. Officials say the break was particularly difficult to repair due to the valve shutoff's location beneath asphalt.

According to Southern Connecticut Gas, repairs are complete and service has been restored. Residents have also been allowed to return to their homes.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

A former corrections officer faces 45 years in 1 Former corrections officer found guilty in deadly 2014 car wreck
Local police departments are warning residents to be 2 Fairfield police warn to be wary of thieves stealing packages
See extended video of state police making an 3 VIDEO: High speed chase ends in crash
4 Connecticut Sportscast, Dec. 9
VIDEO: Shoppers brave the cold for holiday deals 5 VIDEO: Shoppers brave the cold for holiday deals

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE