NORWALK - An electrical fire broke out at the Crunch Fitness in Norwalk this morning, leading to evacuations of the other businesses that share the building with the gym.

Norwalk firefighters say an electrician was replacing the main switch to the building in a utility room when something sparked.

Firefighters say the electrician suffered second- to third-degree burns to at least 40 percent of his body and that he is now in Bridgeport Hospital's burn unit.

Connecticut Light and Power has turned off all power to the building so crews could fix the problem.