STRATFORD - Fire officials say two men were injured late Friday night when a fire ravaged their Stratford home.

Officials say the Bowe Avenue home did not have smoke alarms. Neighbors who noticed the fire called 911, and one of them kicked in the front door of the home, reached into the flames and pulled one man to safety. The other man was rescued by firefighters.

Firefighters returned to the scene Saturday to survey the damage. They say the ceiling and attic were destroyed in order to access and extinguish the flames.

Both victims were hospitalized, one in critical condition. Two firefighters also suffered minor injuries.