NORWALK - Norwalk fire officials are warning people after a cigarette started a condo fire that left nearly 20 people homeless.

The blaze broke out Sunday morning inside the Silver Ridge Complex on Oakwood Avenue.

The fire marshal says along with the cigarette not properly put out, several residents had propane grills on their patios and two of the tanks exploded.

Investigators say that is what caused the fire to spread so quickly, destroying eight of the 16 units in the building.

Norwalk officials warn residents after 2 smoking-related fires