NORWALK - Fire crews say they responded to a mercury spill at a Norwalk doctor's office today.
Officials say the Norwalk Medical Group building located at 40 Cross St. was quarantined for hours as 30 employees and patients underwent decontamination.
Workers say they had a blood pressure cuff that leaked mercury onto the floor in one of the examination rooms. According to health officials, mercury poisoning can cause brain and kidney damage.
The office will be closed tomorrow until everything is properly clean and inspected.