Norwalk fire apparently started by turkey fryer

Norwalk firefighters say residents frying a turkey on their back porch started a fire on Scribner Avenue yesterday evening.Officials say the patio furniture and awning

NORWALK - Norwalk firefighters say residents frying a turkey on their back porch started a fire on Scribner Avenue yesterday evening.

Officials say the patio furniture and awning went up in flames and the propane tank exploded.

Firefighters say no one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Stoff discusses Charles Lindbergh's flight from Long Island 1 Extended interview with Cradle of Aviation Museum curator Joshua Stoff
Police say the Daughters of Charity of the 2 Bridgeport Catholic charity robbed
Surveillance video from a nearby store captured Terryanne 3 Video captures woman being hit by truck in Stamford
New Canaan police say a person cleaning the 4 Police checking if mortar shell found in home is live explosive
It happened in the 2000 block of Boston 5 Bridgeport man struck by 2 cars

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE