+-

Norwalk home on Wilton Avenue evacuated after garbage can catches fire

Firefighters say a garbage can outside the house

Firefighters say a garbage can outside the house caught fire at around 3:30 p.m. Saturday. (March 16, 2014 7:32 AM)

A fire sparked outside a home in Norwalk Saturday afternoon, prompting the residents to evacuate.

Firefighters say a garbage can outside the house caught fire at around 3:30 p.m. The home sustained damage to its front.

The fire chief says the thick smoke made it difficult for residents to get out. He says that since they could not exit through the front door, they left through a second-floor...

Content Preview This content is exclusive for Optimum, Time Warner®, Comcast®, customers with access to News 12.

Already registered or an Optimum customer?
Log in
Time Warner®, Comcast® or Service ElectricSM customer?
Create an account
Not a customer?
Subscribe

Comments

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

Focus on Connecticut 3/30 Focus on Connecticut Our Lives 10/25 Our Lives Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero