Passerby saves family from fire

Members of a Fairfield family received a knock on their door early Friday morning that likely saved their lives.Just after midnight, a passerby alerted the

FAIRFIELD - Members of a Fairfield family received a knock on their door early Friday morning that likely saved their lives.

Just after midnight, a passerby alerted the family that their house was on fire. Fire officials believe that barbecue charcoal put in the trash sparked the flames on Osbourne Hill Road.

No one was injured.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Karen Ivers took part in her last graduation 1 Bridgeport nursing director retiring after 35 years
Soto's family describes the 31-year-old as funny, helpful, 2 Family mourns death of Stamford man killed in crash
Bridgeport police say a woman is in critical 3 Police: Woman shot in the head in Bridgeport
4 Connecticut Sportscast, Jan. 20
Stamford police say one man is recovering after 5 Police: Man critical after Stamford store shooting

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE