Peck Place School in Orange to remain closed rest of the year

Officials in Orange say Peck Place Elementary school will remain closed for the rest of the school year. The school was shut down earlier this

ORANGE - Officials in Orange say Peck Place Elementary school will remain closed for the rest of the school year.

The school was shut down earlier this month when a pipe burst.

When crews cleaned up the flooding, they found asbestos in the glue used in the tile floors.

First Selectman Jim Zeoli says students will have classes at Yale's West Campus for the remainder of the school year.
 

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Organizers say they are still accepting memorabilia and 1 'Remembering World War I Project' works to preserve history
VIDEO: Crews battle fire at Port Morris recycling 2 VIDEO: Crews battle fire at Port Morris recycling facility
Sarah Chorne bought a pair of men's gloves 3 Baldwin woman searches for owner of ring found in gloves
Marilyn Roos is the chair of the Save 4 Hometown Hero: Marilyn Roos
Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim said he is proud 5 Women's NCAA tournement comes to Bridgeport

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

School officials say a building on the Yale-New Orange parents learn more about asbestos

A meeting was held Monday evening to inform parents about asbestos at Peck Place School

Officials say they had plans to get students Elementary classes moved due to asbestos

School officials in Orange said today that Peck Place School will move its classes to

Orange school to be closed all week

An elementary school in Orange will be closed all week because of a water main

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE