Stamford apartment fire leaves family without a home

A Stamford family is left without a home after a fire tore apart their apartment.After a light switch broke in the apartment, the family?s single

STAMFORD - A Stamford family is left without a home after a fire tore apart their apartment.

After a light switch broke in the apartment, the family?s single mother had to use a candle. The candle eventually caused the fire. The family is temporarily being put up in a hotel by the American Red Cross.

Fire officials say no one was hurt in the fire.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Nydia Carrillo-Maldonado is facing first-degree manslaughter charges but 1 VIDEO: Stamford day care
The public got the chance to weigh in 2 Marijuana legalization decision expected by Wednesday.
Police say that numerous officers are on scene 3 Police: Lockdown ends at Greenwich H.S. after threat
See extended video of a lockdown at Greenwich 4 Chopper 12 over Greenwich H.S. lockdown
Nydia Carrillo-Maldonado is facing first-degree manslaughter charges but 5 Trial begins for day care owner charged with murder

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE