STAMFORD - Officials say a fear of Santa Claus being burned apparently caused the deadly Christmas Day fire in Stamford.
Fire officials say the smoldering embers were removed from the fireplace so the children would not worry about Santa coming down the chimney.
Ten-year-old Lilly and 7-year-old twins, Grace and Sarah Badger, as well as their grandparents, Lomer and Pauline Johnson, were killed in the fire.
A wake for the girls will be held today in Manhattan and their funeral service will follow tomorrow.
Firefighters offer safety tips in wake of Stamford fireFirefighters receive special counseling after Stamford fireStamford house torn down after 5 die in fire5 killed in Christmas morning house fire