Stamford Fire Department: Be cautious, avoid fires this holiday

One day before the two-year anniversary of the tragic fire that killed five people, Stamford firefighters are reminding everyone to be cautious this time of

At the Stamford Fire Department, firefighters say they get more calls around Christmas time.

At the Stamford Fire Department, firefighters say they get more calls around Christmas time. (12/24/13)

STAMFORD - One day before the two-year anniversary of the tragic fire that killed five people, Stamford firefighters are reminding everyone to be cautious this time of year.

At the Stamford Fire Department, firefighters say they get more calls around Christmas time.

They say the risk of fire is greater with people cooking for the holidays and the usage of extra electricity with lights inside and outside people’s homes.

On Christmas Eve in 2011, a fire in a Stamford mansion killed three girls and their grandparents. The house was being renovated at the time and did not have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installed.

Fire officials caution residents to make sure they have working smoke detectors. 

More on this topic

Avoid holiday fires

Orange Police Department : 203-891-2130 Stamford Fire Department : 203-977-4763

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Connecticut Sportscast, Jan. 19
Soto's family describes the 31-year-old as funny, helpful, 2 Family mourns death of Stamford man killed in crash
Stamford police are seeking the gunman involved in 3 Stamford PD: Man shot in Main St. convenience store
Bridgeport police say a woman is in critical 4 Police: Woman shot in the head in Bridgeport
Noel Esbri, 32, was later declared dead of 5 Man found shot to death inside Bridgeport apartment

advertisement | advertise on News 12

More News

Hundreds gather for wake of girls killed in Christmas Day fire

The wake for the three young girls killed in the Christmas Day house fire in

Stamford police complete report on deadly Christmas fire

Police investigators have delivered their report on the fatal Christmas Day fire that killed five

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE