STAMFORD - Fire-safety experts are urging people with fireplaces and chimneys to have them regularly inspected after a fire broke out in Stamford last night.

Stamford fire officials say they responded to 40 Lenox Ave. at around 11 p.m. following a report of a chimney fire.

They say the flames moved from the chimney to the siding of the house, before spreading to the walls. Firefighters say they were able to quickly detect the fire in the walls by using a thermal-imaging camera.

Fire officials say no one was injured in the fire, but that it could have been a lot worse.