BRIDEGPORT - State investigators have released a report today saying that the house fire that killed two Bridgeport firefighters last year was started by a burning candle. Connecticut Fire Marshal Sgt. Christopher Guari says the candle set several items ablaze before engulfing parts of the Elmwood Avenue home. According to the report, Lt. Steven Velasquez and firefighter Michel Baik died of smoke inhalation. Previous reports said the victims' air tanks ran out of oxygen. Police say no criminal charges will be filed against the homeowner.

Bridgeport to contest 1 of 5 fire violationsBridgeport Fire Dept. facing safety-violation chargesFundraising effort under way for fallen firefightersHundreds turn out for Bridgeport firefighter's wakeFirefighter remembered in Trumbull2 Bridgeport firefighters die, 5 injured after battling house fire