Stratford fire blames on tossed cigarette

STRATFORD - A lit cigarette is being blamed for a fire in Stratford yesterday.

Fire officials say they believe the blaze on Second Hill Lane started after someone threw a cigarette into mulch outside a home.

They say the exterior of the house caught fire, but the damage did not spread to the interior.

No one was hurt.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

Max Antoine, 33, was shot and killed early 1 Family urges Stamford man's killer to surrender to police
Police say a Chase Bank was robbed Tuesday 2 Police: Chase bank robbed in Greenwich
3 Connecticut Sportscast, April 24
A massive fire destroyed a home at 48 4 Fire destroys Gordon Avenue home in Briarcliff Manor
News 12 Long Island's Doug Geed takes a 5 Tasty Tuesday: Fresh spring ingredients

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Focus on Connecticut Focus on Connecticut

Features local, state and federal officials discussing the issues around southwestern Connecticut.

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut. Our Lives

Celebrates African-American culture in southwestern Connecticut.

Each week News 12 Connecticut introduces you to Hometown Hero

News 12 highlights people who give to the community.

We spotlight a local team each week. Connecticut Team of the Week

Each week News 12 Connecticut highlights a team from a local school.

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE