STRATFORD - A Stratford family of seven is looking for a new place to live after a fire destroyed their home today.

Firefighters say today's heat made it difficult for them as they attempted to put out a fire in the home on Klondike Street.

Fire officials say the flames broke out in the kitchen and quickly spread to other rooms. They say firefighters took breaks to stay hydrated.

Officials say an adult and two 3-year-olds were in the home at the time. They say the adult was taken to the hospital, but was not hurt badly.